I was contacted about the Kinera H3 out of the blue. I had no idea who Kinera was, what they had done or whether I should say yes to reviewing their latest offering. Their representative gave me some time to think about it, I looked at their previous offering’s reviews, and decided to go ahead. I’m really glad that I did. The Kinera H3 is one of my favourite headphones of this year. It is an exceptional value.
- Sub-bass rumble is lovely, really feel the deep bass
- Mids are very clean and clear with a bit of upper mid emphasis
- Treble has good extension but isn’t overly emphasized, not getting fatigued
- Tonality a little on the brighter side
- Resolution is excellent
- Vocals come a little bit forward but not in your face
- Good stage width and height, depth a bit above average
- Super comfortable, with ergonomic shell (reminds of iBasso IT03/IT04)
- Good isolation due to pseudo-custom fit
- Cable has springy memory wire that can apply a bit too much pressure over time, but is very secure. Go for a run.
- The cable is detachable, and not overly tight in the sockets, so aftermarket cables work well
- Included tips are good, but I found Spinfit best
- Nice case, accessories and presentation box
- Absolutely killer at $99 (link to Penon Audio)
- If not my current favourite under $100, it’s very close
If you couldn’t tell. I really like these. I handed them to my wife and she gave me a combination pout/dirty look when I stopped the music to ask what she thought. These aren’t show-stoppers on looks, but they look good enough. Here are some pictures for you.
How thoughtful, you are welcome, Kinera.
Very thoughtful, and safety minded. It is one of my pet peeves seeing cyclists riding with headphones. I don’t know what volume they are listening at, but any decrease in awareness is dangerous.